Iran’s "Financial Tribune" reported on January 9 that according to the instructions of the new official of the Iranian Customs, Milash Lafite, the Iranian Customs recently took emergency measures to speed up the clearance of imported goods and reduce the backlog of port cargo. Customs said that in the past nine months ended December 21, 2018, 18,900 containers of the 42,000 containers in the customs were abandoned. Customs officials said that according to the customs emergency plan, containers abandoned in Abbas will be cleared within a week.
The importer issued a number of complaints at the meeting with the customs, including lengthy registration procedures for imported orders, missed deadlines, foreign exchange allocation, and expiration of trade cards. In June last year, the Iranian government issued a ban on the import of 1,339 kinds of goods, which also caused the related goods to be unclear. According to the new regulations, the government now allows the goods to be transported to the free trade zone and the special economic zone.
At the same time, due to the US sanctions against Iran, the Iranian route is in a hurry! From July to October 2018, several shipping companies including Maersk, MSC and CMA CGM, OOCL, PIL and other shipping giants withdrew from Iranian shipping and have stopped receiving Iranian goods.
As the United States restarts the most severe economic sanctions against Iran in history, Chinese foreign trade companies must pay attention to exporting to Iran!
